YOU WILL WIN

Dark Skin Girls Need Love Too

Who said your complexion was too dark to make it in this world????? Don't believe the hype.  Hey CHOCOLATE girls I'm talking to you....

"Blackie, blackie, blackie", those words were said numerous times in my teenage years.  Girl you're too dark to be a fashion model, think of another career.  That stuck with me for many years.  Do you know words become thoughts?  Let no one speak doubt and unbelief into your life.  Growing up as a teenager in the south was rough for a dark skin girl like me. I was glad to get out of that town and move to the city. Coming to the city was a blessing, so I thought but I still faced the same challenges. Loving my skin tone was tough because people kept saying dark skin girls were not attractive.  I soon discovered, That's a lie baby! that's a Lie!! 

One day I ran into a childhood friend.  He looked at me and said "WOW growing up I was chasing the wrong girls, you look beautiful."  Then, he had the nerves to ask me to go on a date. He was a day late and a dollar short LOL!! Thank You! But no thank you I replied. 

Listen CHOCOLATE sisters, let no one beat you down because of your complexion.  God made you perfect.  Ask God to give you confidence and boldness. Once I realized who I was, things changed.  Put a smile on that gorgeous face and walk in your authority.  You can do all things though Christ who strength you.  Beauty start within.  

The Strong and Powerful Corinne 

No comments:

Post a Comment